The resources offered in this section may be useful for helping you or someone you care about receive treatment for opioid dependence.
- Drug Policy Alliance (DPA)
A leading organization working for drug policies based on science, compassion, health and human rights.
- About Methadone – published by Drug Policy Alliance
A resource publication that was specifically created for people in recovery and their families to learn about Methadone and Buprenorphine. You can download a copy or contact our office to have a copy to mailed to you.
- National Institute on Drug Abuse
Excellent website which provides updated research on drug abuse and addiction.
- Substance Abuse & Mental Health Services Administration (SAMHSA)
SAMHSA works to improve the quality and availability of substance abuse prevention, alcohol and drug addiction treatment, and mental health services.
- Profile: Methadone Maintenance, The "Invisible" Success Story
A PBS Home Program which provides insight to methadone maintenance misconceptions.
- The National Alliance of Advocates for Buprenorphine Treatment
NABT provides extensive information about buprenorphine. Includes a frequently asked questions and educational essays along with patient stories.